St. Germain boasts some of the cleanest water on the planet, making it an ideal destination for swimming and aquatic recreation. Swimmers love the designated swimming beaches, with no motorized boats allowed. Float away a lazy afternoon on a raft or make a wake with water skis or a wakeboard. You’ll have no trouble finding a place to boat—thousands of acres of open water surround you in St. Germain.
When you’re in St. Germain, you’re in the middle of a boating paradise. Boaters love the great lake access afforded by the many well-maintained boat launches on countless lakes throughout the St. Germain area. For those without a boat or not wishing to tow their rig, there are convenient boat and pontoon rentals available in St. Germain.
St. Germain Area Boat & Watercraft Rentals
- Coontail Sports - Kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, wakeboards & waterski rentals.
- Paul's Rent-All - Jet ski & pontoon rentals.
- St. Germain Rentals - Jet ski & pontoon rentals.
St. Germain Area Water Ski Instructors
- North Pines Water Skiing - Private water ski instruction for children, adults and families.
- Area Parks & Beaches - Listing & information about the area's parks & beaches.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids - Electronic magazine for kids. Learn about the great outdoors!
- Invasive Species in Wisconsin - Department of Natural Resources information.
- Lake Maps - Oneida County
- Lake Maps - Vilas County
- Oneida County Hiking & Biking Trails (PDF) - Map for hike/bike/ski trails, canoeing routes & birding locations. Click here for detailed Oneida County trail maps.
- Things to See & Do in Vilas County (PDF) - Fun spots to visit in Vilas County.
- Water Ski Shows (PDF) - Listing & information about area water ski shows.
- Wisconsin Beach Health - Listing & information about the health of Wisconsin's inland & Great Lakes beaches.
- Wisconsin Lake Information - Important questions & answers on Wisconsin lakes.