Recreation > Paddling
Paddle Power – Is there really anything better than being on the water in a kayak, canoe or testing your balance on a stand up paddle board? With so many different lakes, rivers and streams in St. Germain there is no doubt you will find a serene place to paddle through some of the clearest waters in the Northwoods. The only interruptions you will have on your journey will be the abundant water wildlife you will encounter. Just don’t forget to look up every once in a while to capture the majestic bald eagle that will sure to be keeping a watchful eye on the water.
St. Germain Area Boat & Watercraft Rentals
Click here to view the paddling opportunities in Vilas County.
Click here to view the paddling opportunities in Oneida County.
- Boating in Wisconsin — Department of Natural Resources links.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids — Electronic magazine for kids. Learn about the great outdoors!
- Find a Lake — Searchable database by location, fish type or with landings, beaches or public lands/parks provided by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Invasive Species in Wisconsin — Department of Natural Resources information.
- Non-Motorized Lake List — List of lakes that do not allow motorized boats in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest Recreational Overview Map — Recreation & facilities map in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest Canoe Routes — Links to various canoe routes in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Oneida County Hiking & Biking Trails — Information for hike/bike/ski trails, canoeing routes & birding locations. Click here for detailed information Oneida County silent sports trails.
- Water Trails in Wisconsin — Department of Natural Resources information & links.
- Wisconsin Lake Information — Important questions & answers on Wisconsin lakes.