Recreation > ATV Trails
Recreational Safety Education Classes are now being offered by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Check out the ATV, boating, hunting and snowmobile safety classes being offered in the area.
The Vilas County Board voted in March 2014 to allow ATVs to ride on defined sections of county trunk highways as part of a larger ATV route that spans Eagle River, Conover, Lincoln, and Phelps. ATVs will be allowed to run on the road where signage permits, but they must stay as far to the side as practicable. There is no set date for when those signs will go up, though ATV riders are hopeful that they can start this spring. Click here for the ATV route map.
Plenty of great riding can also be found just a short trip away in Oneida, Iron and Florence Counties. ATV trails can also be found throughout the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
- Click here for St. Germain’s current ATV/UTV trail map.
- Click here for Town of St. Germain ATV/UTV info page.
- Click here for the Lakeland ATV Club map.
- Lakeland ATV Club - Minocqua, Wisconsin
- St. Germain ATV Club - St. Germain, Wisconsin
- Vilas County ATV Trails - Info on ATV/UTV riding in the county.
- ATV/UTV Riding in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources information & links.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids - Electronic magazine for kids. Learn about the great outdoors!
- Florence County ATV Map
- Iron County Wisconsin ATV Map
- Landover ATV Club - Conover, Wisconsin
- Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest Recreational Overview Map - Recreation & facilities map in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Oneida County Wisconsin ATV Map (Lynne/Little Rice Trail)
- Oneida County Wisconsin ATV Map (Enterprise Trail)
- Wisconsin All Terrain Vehicle Laws (PDF) - Department of Natural Resources online publication.
- Wisconsin ATV Association
- Wisconsin ATV Safety Education Classes - Courses offered by the Department of Natural Resources.